Tuesday 2 October 2018

Mozzarella Wrap

There are things in your life you do not need again.


I saw an add for a package of a Mozzarella sheet to fill and turn into a wrap. It said: This is the modern way to enjoy Mozzarella!


Looking for new things on the supermarket shelves and trying them is a favourite pastime. There are so many new products to discover. But sometimes, you will find something that you only buy once.
Many years ago I saw on US television a quote that is still anchored in my head:
Advertising is the right to choose!


Without inventions and their promotions we would still be stuck without new products.

I pulled the sheet of Mozzarella out after draining the liquid. Pretty normal. I unrolled the sheet and it felt rubbery. I had to pat it dry. Since the Mozzarella needed to stay in that thin sheet and hold a filling, it was produced with less moisture then the one in balls.
I added some of my own tomatoes, a lot of fresh basil and chives and seasoned it with salt and pepper.


It looked a bit sad, so I poured a little old balsamic cream on top and rolled it up. I cut the roll into 4 pieces and thanks to my great balsamic vinegar and extra virgin organic olive oil it was OK to eat.
But the Mozzarella tasted like a sheet of rubber.



No comments:

Post a Comment