Wednesday 10 October 2018

Roasted Courgette Bread Salad

What to do with a medium size one pound courgette?


Sometimes when I start a meal I have no idea about the outcome. This dinner started with a trip to my balcony to harvest Italian herbs to prepare a bottle of vinegar for my coworker's birthday. The empty bottle I found was a lot smaller then I thought, so I had some herbs left on the counter.


I remembered the courgette and cut that down into slices. The garlic was still on the table, I had just used one tiny clove for the vinegar. Where there is garlic, there are spring onions. My bowl of ripening tomatoes was getting lots of red ones.
O K , seasoned courgette slices in a large pan in olive oil. After a couple of turns, they get some colour, add onion and garlic and the leftover herbs.
Now give that a bit more time. You will need that to wash 2 hands full of small tomatoes. Just chuck them in and season the whole lot.


I had some stale rye sourdough bread slices and cut them up. Thrown into the pan to soak up the oil and the juices.
Finish with a splatter of good quality balsamic vinegar.
Eat warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment