Monday 1 October 2018

Pork Cutlett cubed on Cabbage

I saw one of my favourite Japanese YouTubers making this and decided to make it as soon as possible. Runnyrunny999 is the guy and I can recommend to watch his vids.


It is a fast way to get a lunch done and a bowl of white rice goes great with it. As a vegetable he served the pork with just shredded cabbage. This is the classic way for pork cutlett to serve in Japan. I had it twice during my trip there and I liked the combination a lot.


recipe for 2:
250 g pork cutlett
120 g onions
6 cabbage leaves
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
salt and pepper
1 cup short grain rice
Kewpie mayo


seasoning sauce:
2 tsp grated ginger
3 tsp ketchup
2 tsp British orange marmelade
3 tsp soy sauce

Cut the pork into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Peel the onions and cut into small dices.
Cook the rice.
Make the sauce.
Shred the cabbage.

In a pan heat up the oil and let the pork get some colour around, add the onions and let them soften.
Pour the sauce in the pan and saute for 3 more min.
Serve on top of the cabbage and dress with some mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment