Thursday 12 May 2022

Asian Slaw with pork

For the veggies I used different kinds of cuts again. These textures made the slaw more interesting. A long while ago I saw Chef Nelson Müller use this technique. I made one salad once and now I remembered the technique.



The salad has  a fruity and spicy site to it. The crunch comes from a couple of roasted unsalted peanuts.  Use whatever kind of crunchy veggies you have. Carrots should be in the mix.



This is a slaw without leafy cabbage. But if some is sitting in your veg drawer, let it join the party. In this slaw a kohlrabi is playing the part. Not so often used. It is an refreshing tasting veg. You can grate it if you like. I have cut it in to batonnets. For the carrots I used a speed peeler to make long strips. Use all kinds of different shapes.

Ingredients:

2 carrots, 1/2 kohlrabi, 1 spring onion, 1 red long pepper 

1 orange, 1 red chili, parsley, 1 lime, roasted unsalted peanuts

Sesame oil, lemon salt, mixed pepper, rice vinegar, oyster sauce

I served the slaw with thin pork minute steaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment