Friday 6 May 2022

Asparagus Summer Rolls with Peanut sauce

I had a couple of steamed white asparagus stalks left over. I was looking for some stuff in my Asian food cupboard and a package of rice paper fell out. I used up about 5 leaves for one dish and the other 45 are still in the bag.



That gave me the idea of summer rolls. Now I needed some more stuff to fill them. The easy way were some mung bean vermicelli. They just need 3 min soaking in hot water and are ready to use. 



I slice of Deli cooked ham did the trick for the protein in the roll. Just cut up in 4 small pieces.

I went on my balcony for some nice looking herbs and took Okinawa spinach leaves. They are purple on one side. Some flat leaf parsley is always welcome.

The dipping sauce was ready in 2 min. Just peanut butter, sambal olec, soy sauce, agave syrup, sesame seeds and a bit of water.

Ingredients:

4 rice papers 

4 stalks cooked white asparagus

1 red bell pepper, parsley, Okinawa spinach, 

40 g mung bean vermicelli, sesame seeds

1 slice cooked ham

Use a plate and pour a bit of water on top. Dip the rice paper in 10 sec on each side.

Start with a leaf, then top with the other ingredients.



Do not overfill the rice paper. Roll it and put it on a serving plate.

Make the dressing and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment