Sunday 1 May 2022

Nutella Cake

A good halve jar of Nutella is sitting in my cupboard and gets older. It is time to use it before the expiration date.



I haven't baked a cake in a while. Not true, I baked one at Easter. But a good helping of cake for the weekend and some leftovers for the co-workers at the office the other day is great.



It is a batter that goes in a 30 cm loaf tin. It took a while to find the right one, since I had to stick them in different places in my new kitchen.



The preparation is pretty standart. It took me just a good while longer, since I dropped the flour and starch mix all over the place. I had to clean up and start fresh. My clumsy day.



Recipe:

225 g soft unsalted butter, 250 g sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla sugar

5 eggs, 200 g Schmand (1/3 sour cream, 2/3 creme fraiche)

180 g Nutella, 200 g flour, 50 g potato starch, pinch of salt, 3 tsp baking powder

Chocolate cover:

200 g 50% chocolate, 50 g butter, 50 ml double cream

Preheat the oven 180 C fan


In a standmixer with the whisk attachment beat butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, one after an other.

Now add Schmand and Nutella (warm it in the microwave a little to get it out easier).



In a separat bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ones and just combine them. Do not overmix the batter. Use a silicon spatula to scrape the bowl sides and bottom to make sure, there are no flour pockets left.

Spray the loaf tin or use butter. Fill in the batter and cook for 55 to 60 min.



Take it out of the tin after 15 min and let it cool down. Over a Bain Marie melt butter, chocolate and cream and spread it on the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment