Wednesday 4 May 2022

Cauliflower purple and green with Cheese Sauce

I was grocery shopping at LIDL and found some colorful cauliflowers. Small heads in different color combinations.



The tumeric yellow together with the bright green one wasn't my favourite. I went for purple and light green. First I thought the light green one was a head of Romansco, but it was cauliflower.



I used the steamer to cook the cauliflower. I hate overcooked veggies. That is the best way to prevent that.



The sauce was pretty basic and helped me to get rid of some leftover cheeses.



Sauce:

100 ml water, 150 ml whole milk, 150 ml double cream

50 g Cheddar grated, 3 slices Gouda, 3 tbsp cream cheese. 

3 tbsp parsley, nutmeg, Piment d' Espelette, lemon salt, pepper

Clean the cauliflower and set it in a steamer.

Steam for 15 to 20 min.

Drench in cheese sauce and serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment