Tuesday 3 May 2022

Purple Asparagus with Pear Chutney Sauce

I saw this bunch of dark purple asparagus today for the first time. I had to buy a bunch.



It is a lot nuttier then the green asparagus and it has a stronger texture. When I saw it, the dark purple reminded me of dark purple string beans.



When I cooked them for the first time and opened the lid of the pot, the beans were green. I was so dissapointed. That made me curious how the purple asparagus works in the steamer.



Well, dissapointment hit me again. After 10 min cooking in the steam, I had green asparagus. When it cooled down a bit, the color darkened. But it did not reach purple again.



The sauce is from a jar. Peach and quince

 with mustard. It is called Mostarda vincentina. Mixed with creme fraiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment