Wednesday 16 November 2022

Mushroom Onion Tart

I had some mushrooms left from my weekend cooking. They needed to be cooked. While I grabed them from the veggie drawer of my fridge, I found one single carrot and some spring onions. 



A big roll of puff pastry was ready to go. I only used half of it. The topping needed a bit of a headstart. It had to cool down to room temperature to go on the puff pastry. Our colder temperatures outside helped a lot. I placed the plate with the hot mushroom mix on the balcony for 15 min.



Pull out the needed amount of puff pastry, scrimp the sides to prevent the filling from leaking out. Use a fork and poke a couple of holes in the pastry. 



The first layer is grated Emmenthal or Gouda cheese. Now the mushroom mix and then a second layer of cheese.



Bake it at 200 C for 20 min until golden brown.



Ingredients:

200 g puff pastry

130 g brown button mushrooms, 1 small carrot

2 spring onion, 1 shallot, 3 cloves of garlic 

1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbdp butter, salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme

75 g Gouda/ Emmenthal cheese



Quarter der mushrooms, cut the carrot in very small chunks, chop onions and garlic. Saute them in butter and oil. After 5 min, season them. After 10 min put them out on a cold plate and cool down. Assemble the tart.





No comments:

Post a Comment