Tuesday 8 November 2022

Croatian Food in a neighboring City

I went out on a trip today to visit the city where I lived for many years. The first thing that greeted me was intensive roadwork downtown.



To escape some of it, I went in an old Croation restaurant. That is in business for a long time. The food of the day was a lunch plate with soup, salad and main course. Dessert or a hot Slibovič.



The soup was a creamy potato and leek mix. Tasty and nice on a cold day. The salad was fresh and a mix of a variety of ingredients.

I had the Pleskaviça with frensh fries as the main dish. A large mince beef and pork pattie. The sauce on top was not to my liking. I am no fan of a German classic: canned peas with tiny carrots. I hated that mix even as a child. It was served in a tomato sauce. That was good.



As a end to the meal a hot small jar of Schnaps was served. I have forgotten how good that tasted.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment