Monday 28 November 2022

Turkey Breast Steaks with Kaki and Mozzarella

Turkey for Thanksgiving. But only enough for 1 dinner guest. A whole bird is no option this way.



Thanksgiving is not a holiday as it is in the US. People do not celebrate at the 4th Thursday in November. But since a couple of years the Black Friday found its week in our shops and online stores. It even became a whole week.



Since the 10 times I was in Miami during Thanksgiving over the years, my family and I celebrated that holiday. The tradition stayed on.



I bought small turkey breast steaks. And when I say small, I mean small.



Recipe for 2:

400 g turkey breast steak

1 Kaki, 125 g Mozzarella ball

Oil, salt and pepper

Heat up the oven to 180 C.

Season the meat and sear it in an oiled pan on high heat for 3 min on each side. Put it on an oven proof dish. Peel the kaki and cut it in rounds. Set them on top of the meat.



Cover in mozzarella chunks and bake for 5 to 7 min. I served it with sweetcorn rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment