Friday 25 November 2022

Red Bell Pepper Rice- vegan

Lots of veggies for a bit of rice. 



A vegan rice dish that keeps everybody happy is not easy. I cleaned out my veggie drawer. The main ingredient was the bell pepper.



But that were not the only veggies I found. Often I have to buy veggies in bulk. That makes them less expensive. I used what was necessary for one chosen recipe, then I needed an inspiration to use up the leftovers.



Recipe for 3:

2 red bell peppers, 1 red chili, 2 tbsp tomato paste

1/2 leek, 1 parsnip, 3 garlic cloves

1 tbsp olive oil, 4 cups of veg stock



Wash the rice. Chop all veggies. Start them in olive oil. Season and add the tomato paste. Let that cook for 4 min.stir in the rice.

Add the hot veg stock and cook on low until the rice is done.



1 1/2 cup Thai rice, salt, pepper

 

No comments:

Post a Comment