Sunday 27 November 2022

White Halibut with Ginger Butter

A light meal with only short preptime.



At the fishmonger I bought a small white halibut filet. The piece was long and not very thick. Chances that it would fall apart after cooking were high.



I thought about the most gentle method to cook my fish. That is steam.



A special sauce was too much to serve with the fish. I went with a spiced butter instead. That went well with the halibut and the Jasmine rice.

Recipe:

320 g white halibut, lemon salt, shimishi togarashi, lemon slices

60 g butter, fresh grated lemon zest, fresh grated ginger, 1 tsp ginger syrup, dried Italian herbs

1/2 cup Jasmine rice



I used the steamer on top of my Thermomix. Just lay a bed of sliced lemons in the basket. Season the fish on place it on top. Use boiling water for the pot to speed up the streaming. 10 min, Varoma, speed 2

Use soft butter and mix it with the ingredients thoroghly. Put the butter in clingfilm and roll it up. Stick it in the freezer for 15 min.

Cook the rice.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment