Friday 12 April 2024

Puff Pastry filled with Ladyfingers and Apples

Lots of Gin-Strawberry Jam too!



My friend gave me a jar of her homemade strawberry jam with added pink Gin. Delicious, even if you get first Gin and then strawberries. I am not complaining :-)



I have found this filled puff pastry on FB and took some notes. I still have Ladyfingers sitting around from my Tiramisu Truffles. The buttery puff pastry was from France. 




This is a very quick to prepare kind of dessert. It just takes some time to peel the apple and cut in thin slices. Keep them in lemon juice while you prep the other stuff and preheat the oven to 220 C.  




Unroll the puff pastry and spread the jam in a long strip down the middle. Put the Ladyfingers on top. Lay the apple slices in a row and sprinkle with cinnamon.



Fold one side of the pastry over and spread jam on top. Fold the other side over and close. Put some apple slices for decoration on top and brush with egg yolk.



Bake for 15 min.

Ingredients:

1 round butter puff pastry

8 Ladyfingers

2 apples, juice 1/2 lemon

Cinnamon

4 tbsp strawberry jam

 




No comments:

Post a Comment