Saturday 6 April 2024

Puff Pastry with Asparagus, Cheese, Ham and Wild Garlic

Today is Wild Garlic Day! It's the time of the year.



My neighbor was at my door with a huge paper bag filled with leafy greens. I took 200 g off her hands.



What now? The wild garlic is not known to last many days. 



My plan for lunch today was asparagus filled puff pastry. I bought baby spinach and green asparagus and added cooked ham, goat cheese and Reblochon and a couple of wild garlic leaves.



But before I made lunch, I prepared wild garlic butter and wild garlic pesto.



Recipe for 4:

1 round puff pastry

4 tbsp wild garlic pesto

8 green asparagus stalks, steamed 

100 g baby spinach, blanched

30 g wild garlic

4 slices cooked ham, 4 slices goat cheese, 4 tranches Reblochon



Preheat the oven 200 C.

Cut the pastry in 4 pieces. Spread the pesto on top. Then the spinach. Add cut up asparagus, ham and cheese slice. 

The wild garlic leaves next and the Reblochon last. Fold up the edges of the pastry and slide it in the oven for 15 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment