Sunday 7 April 2024

Cheese Chips/Crisps

This is a very very low fat cheese and it is not everyones favourite: Harzer or Handkäse



Here in the state of Hessen, Germany, we use it for Handkäse with Music. That is cheese in an oil and vinegar dressing with caraway seeds and lots of chopped raw onions. Hence the "music".



Others like to use this cheese for Kochkäse (cooked cheese). A combination of ingredients combined with the cheese and cooked. Eaten cold on bread or topping a Schnitzel.



This cheese chips are advertised as low fat and high protein and several recipes can be found on German cooking sites.



Something new is always a thing for me. I had to give it a try.

When I buy Harzer I look for cheese that is not too young, I prefare the more ripe kind of cheese. I cut it in very thin slices.

These slices are coated in paprika, herbes de Provence and dried chives. Spread out wide on baking paper. 

But spreading it out did not help a lot. The cheese slices mashed together.

Oven at 170 C baking time 17 min. When the cheese takes color, let it cool down and brake it up in chips.

Well, this cheese chips were not my thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment