Thursday 1 June 2017

Beef and red Pesto Pasta

I buy online regulaly food from the Ligurian province of Italy and most of it is of organic origin. Last time I ordered some red pesto for the first time. I usually prepare it myself, but I wanted to try and check for some special seasoning to improve my own version.


I bought some organic beef mince and did not fuss around with it. Just some simple ingredients and a bit of seasoning and a good amount of red pesto in the end. It was a great dish and I know now to use a lot more sun dried tomatoes then before, when I prepare my pesto.


recipe for 2:
250 g organic beef mince
200 g spirelli pasta
3 tbsp grated Parmiginano regiano
3 spring onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 red chili
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
dried thyme
fresh oregano
2 tbsp red pesto
8 cherry tomatoes

Start with chopping onions, garlic and chilli.
In a medium pan heat up the oil, rip the beef mince into small pieces and toss it in. Let it sit in the pan for a while to get some colour, then start to stir it. When it looks brown all over, add the chopped bits and sauté more.
Start the pasta in boiling salted water.


Add seasoning and halfed cherry tomatoes. When they are smushed and cooked through add some pasta water.
Now add 1 1/2 tbsp of  the red pesto.
Drain the pasta and mix with the beef mince.

Finish with some cheese and the last bit of red pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment