Monday 26 June 2017

Tomato and Bread Salad

Stale Baguette during a holiday in France is not something rare. I love the smell and the taste of the fresh bread, even eating it the next day is fully ok. But often a piece is left over.


And I am still hunting for some French tomatoes for my friend and found a lovely 4 piece package in different colours from brown, orange, red to yellow. The packaging came even with a lot of information and a QR code. So I am seeding tomatoes again.


Tomatoes and stale Baguette with a ripped Mozzarella cheese sounded so good, that I have thrown some cheese in my grocery cart this morning.

recipe:
100 g stale Baguette ripped to pieces
2 tomatoes cut into strips
125 g Mozzarella cheese
Thai basil leaves
fresh chives
Olive oil
Sherry vinegar
salt and pepper

The salad with the dressing needs some time to soak through the bread, so prepare it and let it sit at room temperature for minimum 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment