Sunday 2 July 2017

Spicy Carrot Coconut Soup

I am back from the holidays and finally back in my own kitchen - with an induction hob - and ready to make something quick an tasty. I am still unpacking all the stuff I brought back, so I do not have time for a multi course meal.
I bought carrots in France and was not sure what to do with them. Mostly I fall back to my standart carrot sesame salad, but since the summer took a seat at the back here yesterday and today with lots of rain, I thought about some warm soup.


I made the recipe in the Thermomix, but I will write it for the use of a normal pot.

recipe for 2:
350 g carrots
2 yellow plums
3 large spring onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
200 g coconut cream or milk
350 ml veg or chicken stock
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp piment d´Espelette
a grating of nutmeg
salt and pepper
fresh stalks: tarragon, cutting celery, thyme and parsley


Peel the carrots and cut them in slices or chunks- better use a grater that helps with the cooking time.
Peel onions and garlic and chop that up.


Clean the leaves of the stalks from the herbs.
Pit the yellow plums.
In coconut oil saute the onions and garlic until tender, add plums, herbs without the parsley and the carrots and give it a good coating in the onions.
Add coconut cream and stock and season with chili, salt and pepper and nutmeg and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
Use a stick blender and make a creamy soup.
Dress with parsley and serve it with some roasted baguette.


No comments:

Post a Comment