Sunday 15 July 2018

White Bean Hummus

A different way to have a creamy dip for a vegetable.


I still have some piece of cucumber sitting on my counter top. The usual cucumber salad did not do this time. Rumaging through the pantry I found a can of white beans and a jar of Tahini paste. A kind of hummus came to me immediatly when I saw these two ingredients. All other things on hand I started the recipe by opening and draing the can.


What I saw first was the white hard skin on the beans. I knew I had to take my time and press the beans out of the white membrane. It is the same with chickpeas. When I leave the skin on, I have a lot of problems digesting them. That is the reason, why I seldom eat them outside in restaurants or at other peoples homes. It is a bit time consuming, but worth the effort.

When they landed in the mixer, I just added the tahini paste, lemon juice and seasing and a bit of green onion to it. Raw garlic was not added, but 1/4 tsp garlic granulates. A dash of good quality olive oil rounded it up.


Eaten with the cucumber sticks was a fabolous lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment