Thursday 19 March 2020

Brussel Sprouts & Pasta

Brussel Sprouts - my all times hated veggie.


I hate that since I was a little kid. But after so many trips to foreign countries, I am open to all kinds of veggies.


I read about a cooking method for brussel sprouts in one of my recipes scraps.
An Austrian chef was cooking the sprouts in salted water with a good heap of sugar and some tbsp of milk. That sounded interesting. Several kinds of cabbages can be cooked in the same way. That takes away the farty smell.


I bought 500 g of brussel sprouts. I wanted to try the cooking method with just a few sprouts. I had some leftover Ramen noodles, a stack of Salami slices and some cheese. A weird combination with brussel sprouts.


Cook the brussel sprouts for 10 min. Drain and wash the sprouts.

Use a bit of butter  and start with the chopped salami. Next chuck the cold cooked ramen in.

Now in with the brussel sprouts. A bit of salt, pepper and nutmeg.


Some melty cheese wedges to top it. Let the cheese melt in.



No comments:

Post a Comment