Monday 16 March 2020

Pide - a Turkish staple food

Kiymali Pide Tarifi


I eat Pide sometimes when I go during lunch to the Turkish food truck. But since I mostly cook myself, my trips to our food truck row are rare.


The Pide there is mostly bread and just a tiny amount of filling. I thought, I could do better.


First I checked a couple of YT videos. Some in German, other in Turkish. I took ideas from all of them. The filling is completely up to your own preferences. There are ones with meat, spinach and cheese or with sausage.
Since I bought organic beef mince the other day. Meat it was.


The dough:
450 g flour
1 package dried yeast
270 ml warm water
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil


Make a soft dough and let it rise in an oiled bowl covered with a towel for 45 min.
Make 4 balls out of it and let them rest covered for 10 more min.


Topping:
400 g organic beef mince
2 Tomatoes
1 large onion
2 spring onions
3 cloves of garlic
5 green Spanish small peppers
1 red bell pepper
2 tbsp paprika paste hot
1/2 Bunch parsley
50 g Butter
cumin, paprika powder, thyme, pul biber, muscat, salt und pepper

1 egg yolk
Butter

In a kitchen blender shred onions and garlic. 
Then shred tomatoes and green and red pepper.
Shred parsley.
In a bowl mix it with the beef mince and put in the seasoning. Add the butter
and stir well.
Heat up the oven to 230 C.

On a floured surface roll long strips of dough. Place the topping on and leave a
2,5 cm space free all around.
Twist the ends together and lift and pull out a little.  The sides will come up.
But you can fold the sides up yourself and push the ends together.
Brush with egg yolk.
Bake for 30 min. After 10 min drop the temp to 170 C.

Brush with butter around when it comes out of the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment