Sunday 1 March 2020

Loaf Cake with Curd

I wanted to bake something Middle Eastern but I discovered that I had the wrong kind of semolina at home. Well some other Sunday. But I wanted to bake today.


One ingredient in the fridge was the first I saw when I opened the door. 250 g of curd. Not enough for a cheesecake. I run my question "What to bake with 250 g curd?" through Google and found a 10 year old recipe. Quick Loaftin Curd Cake.


Preheat the oven 180 C. Butter and sprinkle the tin with breadcrumbs.



ingredients:
2 free range eggs
225 g sugar
pinch of salt
zest of a lemon
1 tsp orange blossom water


Put in a bowl and use a hand whisk and make a fluffy cream.
250 g curd
120 g soft unsalted butter

Stir in well, choose a spatula  and add
400 g sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder


combine to a thick dough. It looks a bit heavy. Use a spoon and fill it in the baking tin.


Bake for 60 min. Then shut the heat down, open the door and let the cake sit in the oven for 10 min more.
Get it out and cool it down on a wire rack.
Melt 2 tbsp butter and brush the top with it and sieve powdered sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment