Friday 27 March 2020

Cinnamon Banana vegan Cake in a Mug

SortedFood issued a challenge last night. Since all of the guys are in self isolation at home, they are live on Instagram each afternoon at 4:30 pm British time.
I watch them at 5:30 pm here in Germany.



Two days ago the theme was mug cakes. One was looking good, the other was a 5 out of 10.

I am not a huge fan of these cakes. There are lots of instant packages out in the market that taste just horrible. Many years ago I made one my own, but did not realise that the recipe was for 2 mugs and I made a huge mess in the microwave.


I checked some recipes and made my own version later.

That warm cake out of the mug tasted awesome.



Recipe:
4 heaped tbsp flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp banana juice
Pinch of salt
Some flour for the work top
Oil for the mug

1 tbsp coconut flower sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp banana juice

Make the batter, it should not be too soft.
Get it on the work surface and spread it.
Mix coconut sugar and cinnamon and cover the batter with it.
Take a cake scraper and roll the batter up.


Oil the mug and put the batter in.
At 800 w it takes 90 seconds in the microwave

Mix icing sugar and banana juice and put on the cake,
Enjoy while it is warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment