Tuesday 10 March 2020

Pancakes with Nut filling

On of the Chefs that write for the Süddeutsche Zeitung is Elisabeth Grabmer from Austria.


The original recipe is more complex then mine. I wanted to have a plate with pancakes after work and I took some of the components from the recipe. It is usually served with a pot of whipped cream with rum and vanilla. I am not a huge fan of whipped cream with desserts. I took a good amount of Greek yogurt and served it. So tasty.


I am lucky to call a crepe pan my own. It is a lot easier to handle pancakes or crepes this way. I bought that pan years ago in Troyes in the Champagne. Every time I use it, I think about my nice vacation in an apartment in a building from the 16th century.



recipe for 4:
pancakes:
2 eggs
250 ml whole milk
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar
125 g sifted flour
30 g Ghee

nut filling:
100 ml whole milk
2 tbsp honey
100 g grated hazelnuts
50 g grated almonds
1 tbsp rum
2 tbsp egg liqueur
pinch cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla sugar


oranges:
100 g kumquats
200 g water
125 g sugar
200 g Greek yogurt
Cinnamon

Use a small casserole. Start with the kumquats. Make the sugar and water liquid and put the washed kumquats in for 5 min. Take the kumquats out and save the sugar liquid for an other purpose.

Make the nut filling. Use the cleaned casserole again and add milk and the other ingredients. Just warm it up a little bit without too much heaz. Stir well and set aside to cool.

Make the pancake batter and let it rest 20 min.

Use Ghee or clarified butter for the pan. Bake 4 pancakes and put roughly a quarter of the nutfilling on top and roll the pancake up.
Mix the yogurt with cinnamon and cut up some chopped kumquats.

No comments:

Post a Comment