Sunday 21 March 2021

Cream Cheese and Ayvar Sauce with Pasta

There are several recipes with the type of sauce mix on the Internet. I made my very own version of it. The sauce is a quick fix and it takes just the time the penne pasta will need to cook al dente.



I used some white wine to melt the cheese in. The cream cheese I used was from goats milk and contained chives already. But the does not matter a lot, when you have a great tasting ayvar. That paprika sauce is dominant over the cream cheese.



There are many different jars of ayvar available here. The mild and more fruity kind or the hot kind. Some contain more vinegar as others. It took me a while to find my favourite jar of ayvar. Since then, I stay with it.



recipe:

200 g penne pasta, 3 heaped tbsp ayvar, 75 g cream cheese (goat), 1 tbsp butter

2 sping onions, 60 ml white wine, 50 g smietana or creme fraiche, salt and pepper, parsley

Cook the pasta.



Chop the onions and saute them in butter for 3 min, add the wine and let it reduce 1 min. 

Get the cheese in and let it melt, add ayvar and cream and stir well. Season to taste and finish with parsley.



You can add some pasta cooking water when needed. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment