Monday 1 March 2021

Donuts made from Madeleine batter

I wanted to bake Madeleines. I saw a a YT video from Cupcake Jemma. I found my silicone madeleine baking mat and wondered why I haven't used it only one time before. I remembered baking Matcha madeleines. They are not on the blog because they were damaged too.


I knew I had made Matcha madeleines 4 years ago. Then I checked my blogs and there was nothing. Weird.



The batter recipe is great and made in no time. But the batter has to rest in the fridge or on the cold balcony at least for 45 min. I buttered the silicon moulds and filled in the batter with 2 teaspoons. It is a small size for a baking dish.



Baking time was 7 min at 190C fan.



They looked perfect wgen they came out of the oven. After a short waiting time I trued to pull them or push them out. Now I knew the reason why I haven't used this silicon disaster in a long while. They ripped apart.



For the remaining batter I used the first metal baking dish I could grab out of the cupboard. It was the donut one. 



They came out perfect! My next move was Amazon. I ordered a metal madeleine baking dish. The silicon one went into the recycling bin.


Recipe:

100 g sugar, 2 eggs beaten together

1 1/2 tsp honey, 1/2 heaped tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of salt

Add that and zest of 1/2 a lemon. 

Sift in 115 g flour and add 115g melted cooled down butter

Bake and drench in lemon drizzle: 2 tbsp icing sugar, juice 1/2 lemon, drop of water


No comments:

Post a Comment