Saturday 6 March 2021

Matcha Bubble Waffles

This my 1600th blog. Due to the pandemic I mostly cook and that makes it interesting. I do not let food get boring. Eating myself around the world when I have no chance to get there in the near future.



The bubble waffles originated in Hongkong. You do not see them here often. I took one to my neighbor to try it. She has never seen anything like them and Matcha was new to her too.



Recipe for 3 waffles:

125 g flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp Matcha, pinch of salt, 1 tbsp vanilla sugar,

35 g sugar, 60 g butter softened, 2 eggs, 110 ml milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Beat sugar and softened butter. Add dry ingredients. Then eggs and milk and vanilla extract. Let the waffle batter sit for 20 min. The additional tablespoon of vanilla sugar is needed to balance out the bitter Matcha flavour.



Bake in the greased bubble waffle iron and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment