Saturday 15 January 2022

Maghmour- Aubergine and Chickpea Stew Levant style vegan

A recipe from Lebanon.


I had an aubergine and 200 ml of tomato passata in my fridge and needed an idea.  Google helped and I used what ever I had at home.


Adding the avocado was a quick trick. I wanted to eat one as a starter. But it was too unripe for my taste. Cutting it up and warming it through improved the avocado a lot.

Recipe for 2:
1 medium size aubergine, 1 shallot, 3 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic, mint tea leaves pack,

200 ml tomato passata, 2 tbsp tomato paste
125 g chickpeas cooked, 150 ml veg stock
Salt and pepper, 4 tbsp olive oil

Soy yogurt to keep it vegan or Greek yogurt, 1 avocado




Cut the aubergine in chunks. Salt them and let them sit 20 min. Dry with kitchen paper.
Heat up 3 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the aubergine about 10 min. Take out of the pan.


Add 1 tbsp of oil, the onion and 1 clove of garlic. Aftet 3 min add tomato paste. Veg stock and cook 2 min. Now add tomato passata, chickpeas and cook that 3 min. Season with pepper and a little salt. Add aubergine.


In a pestle and mortar crush 1 garlic clove and the dried mint tea to a paste. Stir in the hot stew.
Serve with some yogurt. I had a hard avocado. That went in with the chickpeas as well. But that is just my take on that stew.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment