Monday 24 January 2022

Red Cabbage Slaw

This salad can stay in the fridge in a covered container up to 4 weeks. Take some out and mix it with some feta cheese, tomato and some green olives. Or add some of it to a pot of fresh browned beef mince and rice. Very versatile.



My BFF gave me her recipe last night. She uses it for many years.

My huge head of red cabbage needed some use. Since I had cut it open on the weekend, there was still 1200 g left over. 



I chopped off nearly 360 g. I sliced it in smaller chunks. I like my salads a bit chunky.



Ingredients:

360 g red cabbage

55 ml rapessed oil

2 juiniper berries crushed

30 ml red wine vinegar

35 g brown sugar

11 g salt

Wash the cabbage and set aside. In a small pot heat up the other ingredients until sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour ovet the cabbage and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment