Saturday 1 January 2022

Yosenabe - Japanese Hot Pot

New Year's Eve calls for something special.



The typical German meat or cheese fondue was not to my liking. I wanted to eat a bit of seafood. I checked different websites and found Hot Pot. 

Hot Pot is served in many Asian countries. It is a great winter warmer food. In this dish it is all about the broth.



I used 1 litre of water and a "teabag" of Dashi stock without any MSG. I still have some left from my shopping tour through Tsukici Outer Market in Tokyo. Added to it was just some of my vegan veg stock and a bit of Japanese soy sauce. Sooo good.

A Hot Pot is mostly a variety of different kinds of veggies. To add protein you can use what you like. I decided on seafood. I bought scallops, large prawns and a piece of salmon steak.

But the veggies, especially the mushrooms and the sweet corn stole the show.



Ingredients:

100 g Napa Cabbage, 1 Bok Choy, 5 brown large button mushrooms, 4 king oyster mushrooms, 1 spring onion, 1/2 smal can of sweet corn, 1 medium carrot

3 black tiger prawns, 3 scallops, 160 g salmon steak

1 package dashi, 2 tsp veg stock paste,  3 tbsp Japanese soy sauce, 1 tbsp cold butter

Bring everything together in a Hot Pot and cook for 5 to 7 min. Serve with short grain rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment