Thursday 20 January 2022

Risotto with Peas and Coconut- vegan

A very delicious risotto. Italians should not read this blog.



I found a risotto recipe for 12 people. I thought, who the f*** wants to eat this. Then I looked on the next page and there were 2 more recipes using up 1/3 each of the risotto. Now that made more sense.



Since I was going to cook only the second recipe, I took my calculator and broke the recipe down. I kept the amount of ginger and garlic from the original recipe. That made a huge difference in the flavour profile. Some Miso paste is added to the risotto. Reading it  made me wonder why, but it brings the Umami to the risotto.



Recipe for 4 or 2 dishes:

140 g Aborio risotto rice, 150 g frozen peas

1 red onion, 3 garlic cloves, 20 g ginger

1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp miso paste

700 ml veg stock, 100 ml coconut cream

120 g leek with green part, 1 lemon, 1 green chili, 2 tbsp dessicated coconut

Salt, pepper



Chop onion, garlic, chili and ginger.  Cut the leek in rings.

In coconut oil fry off onion, garlic and ginger for 3 min. Add the washed rice. Give it 3 min.



Add 300 ml veg stock and 30 ml coconut cream. Cook until liquid is evaporated, add more and toss in the leek to cook after 10 min.

After 20 min add the peas and the leftover stock and coconut cream.  Grate lemon zest and check seasoning.

Finish with dessicated coconut on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment