Friday 7 January 2022

Mushrooms and Bacon in Mustard Curry Sauce

I am still cooking from the ingredients I bought in the week after Christmas. The mushrooms were over 8 days old. They were still closed and looked as if I bought them 2 days ago. I am so excited about my new fridge. Keeps lots of food away from the waste bin.



4 slices of bacon made the dish richer. A combination of Dijon mustard and Java curry gave a special kick to an otherwise simple cream sauce.



Instead of a little bit of bacon, chicken breast will work even better. But I worked with the ingredients I had in my fridge.

Recipe for 1:

80 g Tagliatelle

175 g button mushrooms, 3 spring onions, 2 cloves of garlic,

60 ml veg stock, 100 ml double cream, 3 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp Java curry, salt, pepper

1 tsp potato starch 1 tbsp veg stock

4 rashers of bacon



Start with the bacon in a large pan. When it gets crispy, get it out and save for later. In the bacon grease soften the onions and garlic. Add the mushroom slices. After 5 min, season them with salt (I used Truffle salt) and pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment