Saturday 8 January 2022

Octopus Salad with Pickles

A couple of cooked octopus arms needed a purpose. Working from home called for a quick kind of lunch.  A salad is always a good choice.



My good friend gave me a jar of her freshly homemade pickled cauliflowers three weeks ago and told me to let it sit in the fridge for a while unopened. Now was the best time to taste them. Crunchy and vinegary and a little bit spicy. Some of these small florets went in the salad with a hand full of brown Kalamata olives.



Early in the morning before work, I sliced a red onion in very fine strips. With salt, sugar, vinegar and a little water I left it to pickle until noon. The pink color was amazing. Tge onions went into the salad as well.



Dressing:

3 tbsp olive oil, juice 1/2 lemon, Swedish lemon salt and black pepper

I served the salad with buttered hot toast.


No comments:

Post a Comment