Friday 21 January 2022

Risotto Patties

I have half of my vegan pea and coconut risotto still in my fridge. Reheating it was not on my agenda. I made enough for 2 different meals.



This one is very easy, but no longer vegan.

From last Saturday I had one bread roll drying in its paper bag. I used my Thermomix and made it into breadcrumbs in a matter of seconds. Mixing them with risotto showed that the mix was a bit too dry. Adding an egg solved the problem.



Since I had a lot of leek and peas and coconut in the risotto, it did not need any additional seasoning.



Forming the patties was easy. Just do not let too much leek stick out. It will burn in the pan. Shallow frying was the best method for the patties.



It took about 6 min on each side to get golden brown. Putting them on kitchen paper helped soaking up excess oil.



I served them with a quick cucumber salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment