Tuesday 8 August 2023

Baked Beans and Sausage wrapped in Puff Pastry

This is a variation of the British Sausage Rolls.



I saw that on the Internet and thought about my can of Baked Beans sitting in storage for a while now. I had a opened package of Italian salsiccia sausage and some puff pastry on hand.



Improvising with ingredients is fun for me. Adding things or changing recipes is something I like. Some ideas just pop up while I cook.



Baked beans in puff pastry are not so common. They need a good extra seasoning with pepper to shine. Otherwise they will only be a mushy filling that has very little taste. I added chopped green onion too. 

Recipe for 2:

1 sheet fresh puff pastry

1/2 can baked beans

3 Italian salsiccia sausages (without the casing)

1 spring onion

40 g shredded Mozzarella cheese

Pepper

Milk to brush the dough 

Preheat the oven 220 C.

Use baking paper to toll up the dough.



Spread the sausages in a long line. Put the beans on one side and give them a good seasoning with black pepper. Put the onions on the other side of the sausage and put cheese on top of everything.

Roll up and set on fresh baking paper. Take a knife and slash the sausage roll on top 4 or 5 times that the steam can come out. Brush with milk. 

Bake for 20 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment