Thursday 10 August 2023

Mascarpone Mango Dessert with Blue Pea Flower Topping

Sometimes looking for a special item in a supermarket that has changed its size 3 times in the 15 month is a real pain in the butt.



I was looking for a package of Ladyfingers as the base to my mascarpone dessert. I have asked and checked, but nothing to be found. The staff working there is still getting  their bearing. I switched to a package of finger long French Madeleines. Not a bad compromize.



They are usually dipped in espresso and some kind of alcohol. I skipped the coffee and used pink tonic water and pink gin.



The Italian Tiramisu this dessert is coming from has raw eggs in the cream. I skipped that step and only used some soft beaten double cream to loosen the mascarpone. Just some icing sugar and zest of a lemon for freshness.



The mango came from a can. Much better quality than the fresh ones you can buy here.

Ingredients for 4:

150 g Madeleines long

100 ml Tonic water pink, 3 cl Winston 77 Gin

300 g Mascarpone, 200 ml double cream, 2 tbsp icing sugar, zest of 1 lemon

1 canned mango

Blue Pea Flower Matcha Powder




No comments:

Post a Comment