Tuesday 22 August 2023

Eating in a Restaurant at the Green Hell

Yes! I am at the Nuerburgring, better known as the Green Hell. The longest (20,8 km) and most dangerous racetrack of the world. Built in 1927.



Arriving on Sunday during Family Day, all Restaurants been booked to the max. Fast cars and Supercars galore. I have never seen so many Porsches, Mclarens and BMW in one place. 



At 8 PM I was able to secure a table in a nearby restaurant LUCIA, Pollo alla Nonna.

An Italian restaurant that only features chicken. The grandmother still raises chicken in Italy. Free range with organic feed. The granddaughter opened the restaurant here, serving organic chicken.

The spatchcock style chicken is served with a special dry rub and cook on the BBQ. I ordered mixed vegetables with it. They reminded me a lot of the great Antipasti vegetables I had in Calabria.



Breadsticks with a cheese cream were served as an appetizer.

I celebrated the evening with a Negroni

 




No comments:

Post a Comment