Friday 18 August 2023

Watermelon filled with cold Korean Noodles

I watch too many cooking videos!



While writing down the recipe for the Indian watermelon drink, I saw an other one coming up. I did not catch all of it. But I know the common Korean cold noodle dish and the use of a watermelon as a base sounded interesting.

No recipe write down was needed. I know the drill. But now I have a lot of guts from a watermelon sitting around in the fridge.

I love the Korean vermicelli noodles. They are made from Sweetpotato starch. When cooked correctly, they are a bit chewy. 



The cold noodle dish is a combination of soft and chewy, spicy and sweet and salty. I did not have any pears or cucumbers on hand, instead I used hot green pepper and mirabelles (small yellow plums).



Cook 120 g sweetpotato starch noodles in boiling water with 3 tbsp soy sauce. Boiling time is about 7 min. Get them out and wash them under cold water. A little sesame oil on top to prevent the noodles from sticking together.



Cut out some red flesh from the watermelon and fill in the noodles. A little soy sauce as dressing. Put sweet and savoury items on top and a soft boiled egg.

Season with hot pepper flakes, noori and sesame seeds.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment