Thursday 18 February 2016

Eggs in Mustard Sauce with Salsify

I love eggs in mustard sauce since I was a child. But Mom only used the standard medium mustard and I now choose from a huge variety of mustards resting in my fridge.
Friends that are coming to see me or are on a holiday and they bring me either mustard or honey as a gift. It is a great gift, you can use it up and get lots of so different kinds, see the world through there savoury or sweets treats, it is fantastic.

Eggs in Mustard Sauce

In winter you can get salsify in some stores. It is called the asparagus of the poor. But it is a mess to peel them, so when I can lay my hands on some, I buy in bulk and freeze off some bags.

recipe for 2:
6 eggs
300 g salsify precooked/defrosted
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
100 ml milk
150 ml broth
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tbsp medium mustard
1 tbsp Dijon hot mustard
4 tbsp creme fraiche
salt and pepper
1 spring onion
1 1/2 cup of rice

Salsify in Butter and Onion

Boil the eggs and let them cool down.
Get the rice going.
Chop the spring onion.
In 1 tbsp butter start the onion and get the salsify in, heat them up.
Melt the butter in  pot and add the flour, make a roux with some milk, more milk and then the broth.
Season and add the different mustards.
Add sugar.
Get everything together and have a great tasting meal.







No comments:

Post a Comment