Sunday 21 February 2016

Pork Loin in Boursin Cheese out of the oven

This is a recipe I wrote down in my travel cookbook a while ago. I started this book to get rid of some of my flying around recipes, a collection of single scraps of paper. The book is so good when I have a rented house or apartment somewhere and look for something to cook or bake. Since baking needs exact measurements, I have to look them up. End of last year, I started a second one, because the first ran out of pages.

Just out of the oven

Some Baby Romanescu Salad with Blueberries as a side

I made this recipe a long while ago, but it had my comment in the upper corner saying: super tasty.
The preparation is quiet easy to make and good in bigger proportions if you have guests to feed.
If you do not get Boursin (it is a cheese from Normandy in France, like a cream cheese with lots of herbs and garlic) use some plain cream cheese and just add dried herbs and fresh garlic.

This is a recipe just for 3 or 2 good eaters and I serve it with some pasta. But rice or potatoes work well too. Prep time is 15 minutes and the rest is done in  the oven. Serve with a fresh salad as a side.
not much to prepare
1 pork loin about 400 g
100 g Blackforest ham
120 g Chanterelles mushrooms canned of fresh
2 small onions
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 red chilli
120 g Boursin cheese, if you get single portion packages of Boursin, take 6
400 ml double cream
2 tbsp rape seed oil
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Use an ovenproof dish and heat up the oven to 200 C.

the topping for the meat

lots of creamy cheese
Cut the pork loin into 3cm slices, set them on the sliced side and press down a bit, season lightly with salt and pepper. In 1 tbsp of oil get them a colour on both sides, then store them in the dish.

Chop the onions, garlic, chilli and  ham and clean the mushrooms or drain them. In the same pan with the other tbsp of oil fry off the onions, ham and garlic a couple of minutes, then add the chilli and the mushrooms and give them a couple more minutes.
Chuck them over the pork and pour the double cream on top.
Set the Boursin pieces on at last and chuck it into the oven for 50  minutes.

Now I know, I wont wait ages before I prepare that dish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment