Monday 7 August 2017

Blackberry Limoncello Ice Cream

That is would make such a mess, I did not expect. Have I known that, I would not made that recipe.
But it was all my fault, loosing the grip on the ice cream container from the machine and getting it just everywhere.



It is a nice recipe when you have a good amount of fresh blackberries. And now is the time of the year for them. The combination with the Italian lemon liqueur give it a hint of summer in the South.


recipe:
300 g blackberries
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp Limoncello
85 g icing sugar
150 ml double cream
3 tbsp whole milk



Wash the blackberries and put them into a blender. Blitz them and pour them through a sieve.
Mix that with sugar and lemon juice and Limoncello.
Mix that again with cream and milk.
Use an ice cream maker and churn for 40 minutes.
Do not get it all over you!

I served it with a Soufflè with red fruits from Noyon.


1 comment:

  1. Never heard of it never tried but for the love of blueberry and how it turned out for you i am ready to put my laziness aside and have an attempt at it.

    ReplyDelete