Sunday 13 August 2017

Vegan Mexican Polenta with Courgette

The polenta is made with Oatmilk!
We have a supermarket chain named ALNATURA here in our area. They started small in the year 1984 and offered only organic produce. They now have about 114 supermarkets all over Germany. But you can get their organic products in many regular supermarkets as well. So the distribution is much bigger.
I go there- we have 3 supermarkets in the city here - when I look for something organic, that is not sold in the regular stores. I always find something new to try and my vegan kind of cooking is coming along quite nicely.
That does not mean I am a vegan!


The Mexican polenta contains a lot of ingredients, such as: Kidney beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, garlic, chili, cumin and coriander and some more spices.

I still eat parts of my snake like courgette, I am preparing it Balkan style with onions and Ayvar.


recipe for 2:
450 ml oatmilk
125 g polenta mix Mexico
350 g courgette
1 tbsp olive oil
2 spring onions
salt and pepper
3 tbsp Ayvar


Bring the milk to a boil, stir in the polenta and pull the pot away from the heat. Let it sit 3 min and it is done.
Chop the courgette into bite size pieces and the spring onion into rings. In a pot heat the olive oil and put both in and season with salt and pepper, on a medium heat cook until the courgette is done
I left the skin on, so it took a while longer. Add the Ayvar and a dash of water.


Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment