Saturday 26 August 2017

Quiche with cherry tomatoes

I have a lot of tiny tomatoes picked this morning and a handfull of cherry ones. I had a huge bowl of caprese salad last night but the plate with the tomatoes is not getting empty. I found the recipe in a French cooking magazine issue and had all ingredients on hand.


The quiches on the photo was made in individual small bakings tins, but I found my long rectangular one while I was looking for the others in my huge plastic baking dish storage container. It looks good serving it in such a form.


recipe:
1 ready made short crust pastry
little tomatoes
2 large eggs
50 g grated Emmenthaler
250 g curd
1 tsp Pul Biber or any other chili fleakes
pepper and salt
1/2 bunch of chives
1/4 tsp fresh thyme


Heat up the oven to 180 C
Butter the baking dish and place the dough in. Use baking paper and ceramic baking beans and bake for 8 min.

Crack one egg in the bowl, from the second egg keep a little egg white to the side and brush it on the short crust pastry when you remove the ceramic beans. Place it back it the oven for 4 min.


Add to the bowl all the ingredients, except the tomatoes and make a smooth batter.
Fill it into the prebaked pastry. Drop the tomatoes on top.
Bake for 30 min.
When it comes out of the oven, let it sit 15 min then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment