Thursday 3 August 2017

Leek and Bacon Wheels

I bought a piece of leek last week to cook it with the lamb shanks, but that did not work out. The leek is sitting on my counter since this time. Usually left over greens or chunks of leek are getting frozen for soups and stews, but I have no storage space in the freezer.


I checked my fridge in the morning at 5 AM to locate a few things to take with me for lunch at the office and found a small package of bacon bits, some French soft goat cheese and 2 slices of hard cheese and a puff pastry roll from ALDI.
During the day I built up an idea what to make with it and designed some wheels.


recipe for 2 or 3:
1 rectangular piece of fresh puff pastry
1 egg
1 leek
60 g bacon bits
2 slices of hard cheese
30 g goat soft cheese
3 tbsp parsley
1 tsp olive oil
salt, pepper
4 stalks fresh thyme


Preheat the oven 180 C fan.
top and tail the leek, half it cut it in 1 cm bits and wash it.
in a pan brown the bacon and add the leek, saute until soft and season.
drop on a cold plate and cool down.
chop the cheese and the parsley and add to the mix.
unroll the puff pastry and separate the egg.
brush the egg white along the rim of the pastry.
get the mix on, sprinkle some goat cheese on top and roll up and cut into 1 inch tranches.
brush with egg yolk and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment