Saturday 5 August 2017

My famous marinated sweet corn

I do not know how long I prepare these pieces of sweet corn for BBQs I am invited to.
I get the invitation with the order to bring enough of it for everybody.
The idea came when I was on one of my trips to the US. Americans love Bourbon and brown sugar. The more Bourbon the more sugar the better.
When I came home I tried many different spice blends until I found the right one. The times I went low on Bourbon and sugar were not so sucsessful with people, but since I leave that content high enough, everybody is licking their fingers.


Tomorrow I go to a BBQ with friends in their garden and the sweet corn in marinate is going with me.


Recipe for 4:
4 corn on the cobb. Cooked.
100 ml Bourbon
50 g dark Muscovado sugar
50 g maple syrup
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
3 drops liquid smoke
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 tsp chilipaprika smoked
1 tsp herbes de Provence



Cut the cooked corn cobbs into 3 or 4 pieces
Use a tupperware container or a ziplock bag and built the marinate.
24 hrs min.

No comments:

Post a Comment