Saturday 12 August 2017

How to get rid of a huge courgette Part 2

This method came to my mind after I was picking the just ripened tomatoes off the vines behind the house in a heavy downpour. It was raining for 24 hours straight and the tomatoes still ripened. Now I had a bowl of tomatoes and the big end of the courgette to prepare.


I remembered the satellite courgettes I cooked last year and had the idea what to do.
I peeled and seeded the head part of the courgette, cleaned and chopped the tomatoes and foraged trough my fridge to find anything else edible. A half box of buff mozz balls sitting in liquid and some Gryere was found. A bag of flatleaf parsley too. Since spring onions are a staple in my kitchen I was ready to prepare the courgette bowl.


Preheat the oven 180 C fan.

Season the bowl with salt and pepper, place on layer of tomatoes, chunks of buff mozz and parsley in, season again and repeat until the bowl is nearly full. Some spring onion chunks can get squeezed in between the layers.
Crack the quail egg with sharp knife and carefully set it on top. As many as you like. Set some cheese strips on top and set it in an oven proof dish.
bake it for 15- 20 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment