Wednesday 2 August 2017

Okra Coconut Curry vegan

At the Turkish supermarket I bought a bag of okras. It took a couple of days until I found an idea how to prepare them.


Today's motto was vegan.
The dish was so good. I did not miss any meat.


Recipe:
300 g okras
2 shallots
3 spring onions
3 cloves of garlic
1 knob of ginger
1 red chiĺi
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
200 ml coconut milk
1 tsp curcuma
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
5 stalks parsley
5 kaffir lime leaves
Salt and pepper


Heat up the oil. Get the seeds in and let them pop. Add onions. Garlic. Ginger. Chili.
Let the mix get 3 minutes head start.
Top and tail the okras and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Chuck into the pan and cook for 4 min more. Pour in the coconut milk kaffir leaves and the curcuma.
When the okras are soft, add seasoning and lime juice. The dessicated coconut are tossed in last. Finish with parsley.

1 comment:

  1. It looks good and tasty as well, I need to show this to my wife so that she can make it for me as home. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete