Friday 7 July 2023

Chicken Lentil Salad with Curry Sesame Dressing

I have some chicken breast left.



I checked the Austrian food magazine and found an idea to use it up. But I made the recipe my own way, because I had the wrong lentils, no sugarsnap peas and no uncooked chicken.

The dressing was the one in the magazine.



But in the end the result was amazing and it looked like the photo they had.



I found a small can of cooked brown lentils in my storage. They only needed 3 min in the microwave after getting rid of the liquid.

Recipe for 1:

150 g chicken breast cooked

1/2 can of cooked brown lentils

3 green onions, 2 garlic cloves

2 tbsp olive oil

1 Romaine lettuce head

Dressing:

4 tbsp toasted sesame oil, 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp mild curry, 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper



Cut the green onions in 1 inch pieces and the garlic in slices. Heat up the olive oil and sauté both 3 min. Cut the chicken breast in finger thick pieces and brown them in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.



In the same pan in more oil sear the halved lettuce on both sides.



Heat uo the lentils. Put them on the plate first. Then the lettuce. Add chicken and veg and season all with the dressing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment