Tuesday 18 July 2023

Chicken Wings marinated and Oven baked

This time, no Air Fryer.



I watched 5 German Chefs preparing their favourite chicken dish. One of them made wings. I used the ideas and created my own version with the ingredients I had at home.



I pulled a couple of different sauce jars out of my cupboard. Every time I use one of them, I check if they are still good to go. The small Oyster sauce jar is often moldy after a very short period of time. BINGO, I had to throw it out. The Ketjap Manis was dried up too.



I used some Chinese Char-siu Sauce instead. That has the smokey ans sweet touch I was looking for. Mixed with dark soy sauce and some sweet chili sauce a great combination.



The wings with the marinate went in the fridge to rest for 2 hours.

Bake at 180 C fan for 30 min



Now is the time for some topping. Cut 6 cloves of garlic or 3 single Chinese ones in slices. Fry them in medium high oil until golden brown. Get them out on paper towels. Do not discard the oil. Use the garlic oil for future pasta dishes. 

In the same pan brown Panko breadcrumbs. Mix them with the garlic later to top the chicken wings.

Ingredients for 2:

6 large chicken wings

4 tbsp Char-Sui Sauce, 4 tbsp dark soy sauce, 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce

6 garlic cloves, 100 ml veg oil, 50 g Panko

Serve with some rice and some mixed greens.


No comments:

Post a Comment